Specialized Telephone Options
If you need services beyond one number for one person, see the services below.
Technology Services can set up a Zoom Phone Call Queue number for you. This routes incoming calls to a group of users. For example, you can route calls to your office's business department.
There are a few options for call distribution order:
- Simultaneous: Ring all available members at the same time.
- Sequential: Rings available members one at a time.
- Rotating: Rings available members in a regularly changing order so that calls are distributed evenly.
- Longest Idle: Rings first the member who has been idle for the longest time.
Each Call Queue can have a maximum of 50 members. All members of the queue must have a licensed Zoom external phone number. Common area phones can be included. Call Queues also have a voicemail inbox.
Choose a Call Queue instead of a Shared Line Group (above) if:
- Any of the members are involved in more than one Call Queue
- You want Call Queue's minimum wait: 10 seconds; maximum wait: 30 minutes
- You want a recorded greeting to play before the call routes
- You want sequential or rotating routing, rather than simultaneous
Technology Services can set up a Zoom Phone Call Queue (see below) or Shared Line Group that shares one direct phone number and extension. Call Queues offer more options and flexibility, but if you just need a basic shared service:
Shared Line Group shares one direct phone number and extension with a group of up to 10 phone users or common area phones. All members of the shared line group have access to the group's direct phone number and voicemail. You can apply custom business, closed, and holiday hours to shared line groups and set routing rules.
- A shared line group can have 0–50 phone numbers. All members can use these numbers to make or receive calls.
- By default, a shared line group can handle up to 4 calls at the same time.
- Shared Line minimum wait: 15 seconds; maximum wait: 1 minute
- If routing to voicemail, you can only route to the shared line group's voicemail inbox. You can't route to a voicemail inbox that belongs to another extension.
- A shared line group will ring all members simultaneously for incoming calls.