Setting Up Zoom Phone
When the Zoom phone feature is enabled for your account, you'll get an email notification with a link to set up Zoom Phone.
- Click the link at the bottom of the email notification. If you didn't get an email, sign in to the Zoom web portal at https://fresnostate.zoom.us and click Phone.
- Enter the required information to set up Zoom Phone:
- Country and area code: The area code is used when you dial local numbers.
- Timezone: Make sure you set the correct timezone. It will affect several Zoom Phone features including your business/closed/holiday hours and desk phones assigned by your admin.
- PIN: If you get a desktop handset, you will need a voicemail PIN to check your voicemail. You will not need the PIN to check voicemail using the Zoom app or web portal.
- Click Setup.
Managing Emergency Location & Addresses
NOTE: In case of an emergency, please continue to use your Avaya phone.
Your emergency address will be used in the event of an emergency call, it will be shared with the public safety answering point, Fresno State Police.
Nomadic emergency services enables Zoom to assist in determining your location, and is used only for purposes of responding to your emergency calls. If this feature is enabled by your admin, you may see an email or desktop client notification asking you to enable location sharing so that first responders can better respond to your emergency calls. After you enable location permission, you may also need to add or update your emergency address that is passed to first responders.
For more information, please click here.